The Active Oral Orthosis Kinepod is a multi-functional dental activator, which allows to act on:
- bruxism (clenching of teeth),
- the relaxation of the jaws (TMJs),
- strengthening of the muscles of the mouth (maxillofacial re-education),
- posture (proprioceptive rebalancing, adjusting the head carriage),
- migraines and headaches,
- protection of teeth during contact sports.
The Kinepod dental splint is made of a flexible material. It can be used for orthodontic rehabilitation, but also for respiratory rehabilitation, as it does not have a front opening (forces nasal breathing).
Use of the Kinepod dental activator:
- passively: at rest, dental activator in the mouth, to relax the jaws,
- actively (exercises): to work the maxillofacial muscles and balance the jaws. Exercises of 5 to 20 minutes per day: soft chewing, protrusion (front-back movement of the jaw) and left and right diduction (lateral movement of the jaw).
The Active Oral Orthosis is recommended and used by:
- Dentists in functional orthodontics (straightening of the teeth),
- Speech therapists/logopedists/logopedists, to improve the functions of phonation, swallowing, breathing and chewing,
- physiotherapists/physiotherapists/posturologists-orthokinesists, for maxillofacial and postural rehabilitation,
- osteopaths and chiropractors/posturologists-orthokinesists, for postural rehabilitation to release loss of mobility (blockages).
Made of Silicemed (medical silicone), without bisphenol or phthalates.
Case delivered with the orthosis.
We do not recommend the use of the Active Oral Orthosis for people
- suffering from epilepsy or convulsions (because it forces them to breathe through their nose),
- with significant tooth mobility or tooth loosening (for example, an incisor that is significantly longer than the others - a difference of more than 3 mm - can be a sign of tooth loosening),
- have significant oral deformities (retrognathia or pronounced prognathia) or oral pathologies. In this case, please consult your dentist to obtain the dental range, which can be adapted to your needs.
CE medical - Class 1